Dental implantation is the most modern type of prosthetics, which has now become very common and popular among patients of dental clinics. Implants – durable and reliable designs that replace the root of the tooth, which are made of high quality materials, such as titanium, and able to serve for decades.
Advantages of restoring the dentition with implants:
- Reliability and durability. Other methods cannot guarantee such a long service life of restored teeth.
- Safety for healthy teeth. When installing the implant, the adjacent teeth are not ground.
- Aesthetics. The design is indistinguishable from real teeth in shape and color.
- Removing the load from adjacent teeth. In the absence of one of the teeth in the row, the adjacent ones are under heavy strain from chewing food, which adversely effects on their condition. Timely installation of implants effectively solves this problem.
- Prevention of atrophy of bone tissue. This is also ensured by the natural distribution of the load.
There are various situations when teeth restoration with implantation is successfully applied. Consider the three main ones:
- Installing a single implant is advisable if you lose one of the teeth. The use of this method avoids the dissection of adjacent teeth, which is carried out for the subsequent connection by their prosthesis. Because of this, single implants are completely safe for your teeth; do not provoke the development of carious lesions and hypersensitivity on them. In addition, they have the highest survival rates.
- With the loss of a significant part of the dentition, it is possible to install a bridge on the implants. The essence of such restoration of teeth is as close as possible to the installation of a conventional bridge. The only difference is that not the patient’s own teeth, but implants are used to fix the prosthesis. They replace the roots of the teeth and act as a support for the structure. Introducing them into the bone avoids the dissection of healthy teeth, and the timely implementation of the procedure suspends the processes of atrophy of bone tissue.
- Implantation also applies in the case of complete edentulous, that is, to restore a completely lost dentition. A surgeon-implantologist installs several implants in the upper or lower jaw, which act as fixatives removable denture. Reliable fixation is ensured by a special micro lock, part of which is installed in the implants, and some – at the prosthesis itself. When the prosthesis is put on, the lock snaps into place, which prevents the jaw from falling out during talking and chewing. With such a prosthesis, you should not remember about fixing creams, which do not always cope with their task and be able to avoid the loss of taste.
When to install dental implants?
The main indication for the installation of implants is the absence of teeth in the row. This can be as the absence of one or several teeth, which are located far from each other or as partial or total absence of the dentition. Implants have proven their effectiveness in the so-called end defects of the dentition, that is, the absence of extreme teeth.
The patient is also recommended implantation, if he suffers from intolerance to removable dentures, which may be due to increased sensitivity to acrylates used in the manufacture of structures.
Another possible indication for dental implants is an orthodontic problem, consisting in the absence of a full closure of teeth, as a result of which the patient suffers from pain.
Implants can effectively solve many problems of the oral cavity associated with the lack of teeth and their deformation.